Donations and why we need them
Many repeaters are funded out of the pocket of the Repeater Keeper themselves and with the introduction of Digital Repeaters like the DMR ones there are monthly costs for the internet connectivity.
Any Donations made via this website will go towards the maintenance of the GB7DD Repeater System. If a more suitable location is found for the siting of GB7DD then any donations will be utilised towards paying for any rent or 4G Internet connection.
Up to the 25th February 2015 a total of £2,670 has been spent by Martin MM0DUN on providing GB7DD with donations received being used to help towards this cost. All items purchased to-date for GB7DD are as detailed below:
- Motorola DR3000 UHF 0-25w Repeater Deck @ £1,340
- Procom UHF Cavity Filters @ £241
- GSM Remote Power Switch @ £85
- Radio Structures FUC3 Colinear and brackets @ £194
- Radio Structures 8 Element Yagi Beam @ £119
- Radio Structures 2-Way Phased Matching Harness @ £63
- Radio Structures LDF4-50 Coax, and Connectors @ £ 210
- Radio Structures Gas Surge Protector @ £60
- Radio Structures Wire Rope Grips, Brackets, Cable Clamps @ £50
- Kuhne MKU LNA 432 A Low Noise Pre-Amplifier @ £194
- Motorola CPS Software 2 Year Subscription @ £120
- The cost for this website which the Keeper pays £9.59 a month
This does not take into account any mains power usage and broadband internet usage. If the repeater is found a more suitable location with better overall coverage of Dundee then there will probably be power and internet costs to be met.
Support your local DMR Repeater – GB7DD:
Support the UK C-Bridge Connection to the DMR-MARC Network: