Hytera GPS Configuration
The following instructions are for configuring the Hytera GPS models of radio to allow the GPS position to be manually beaconed and checked on the http://aprs.fi website.
You make use of the Hytera CPS Software to configure the GPS settings.
- In Conventional, Accessories, and GPS enter a tick to select.
- In Conventional, Accessories, and GPS Data Compression, ensure this is unchecked.
- In Conventional, Accessories, and GPS Trigger choose the Button option so that your GPS Position is only beaconed when the programmed button is pressed.
- To prevent your GPS position being beaconed over the network ensure this is not ticked in Conventional, Accessories, and Quick GPS.
- Setup the GPS setting in the Conventional, General Settings, Network, Radio Services and in the RRS & GPS Radio ID which you should enter the numbers 5057.
- You now need to set the Data Bearer Services whch can be found under the Conventional, Digital Common, Basic menu. In the Miscellaneous section you will find the Data Bearer Service which you must select as “HYTERA DEFINDED DATA”
- There is two fields in each memory channel – the GPS REVERT CHANNEL and the RRS REVERT CHANNEL. These settings are to select the option SELECTED in these two fields for each channel.
- Under DMR services – Basic – Miscellaneous option Data Bearer Service to put “Hytera Defined Data”
- The very last item is to allocate a button for the GPS Report beacon. This is done in Conventional, General Settings and Buttons. I set my SK2 Long as GPS Report.
UPDATED 3/7/2016 – GPS Position now working with GPS REPORT button set on radio without having to use the send a message option that some instructions say to use. This LINK shows my positions sent from the radio using the GPS Report button, note that DMR GPS Position beaconing is not like on D-Star where your GPS position is sent with your voice signal when keying up (if you have GPS on your radio).
de Martin MM0DUN